Friday, October 7, 2011

planes, trains and automobiles.

Hiya.
This is my first post from England! YAY! Getting here was a bit of a task...
Before going to the airport on Wednesday, I messaged Michael asking him if he'd organised a lift from the airport, but unfortunately something came up for the people that offered to do it, so we got kind of stuck. Neil, Marc's dad, had offered to do it if we got stuck so I messaged Marc and asked him about it, but he never replied. There wasn't much else I could do, so I told Michael to try and sort it.
I spent the last day in Australia mostly with Mum. We did some stuff at Marion, went for lunch, did some more stuff at Marion then I finished packing. I started getting really anxious and started pacing the house so Mum decided we could leave early.
We met Dad and Ricky at the airport and met Amanda, Beth, Rach, Cloz, Linda, Amber and Taylah and Nicole at Hudsons. It was nice to have a group to send me off. Amanda left quite early to catch a flight to Melbourne though. Saying Good-bye was hard. Brendan also came to say bye as he was working.
Mum cried lots which made me cry and then I made Rach and Linda cry haha.. oops.
The flight to Melbourne was fine. I watched the Rachel Zoe Project the whole way there.
In Melbourne, I had to check my small suitcase cos they whinged that I couldn't have two bags. I told them I refused to pay for it, cos it clearly says I can have luggage and a bag on the plane, so they let me off. LOL!
After that I went to security and they pulled my bag aside cos I had make up in my bag and they said it was liquids and it wasn't X_X They held me there for 10 mins waiting for a guard to actually be working. It made me late to the gate, but luckily they boarded about 20 mins later than they were supposed to.
The flight to Abu Dhabi was easy enough. Long, but bearable. I watched a couple of movies, tried to sleep and watched the time tick down til we landed.
In Abu Dhabi, I was able to get online and chat to Michael for a bit. I asked if he'd heard from Neil or Marc but neither of us had. He messaged Neil and told him to call him about it. We looked up train timetables just in case. He went to bed at 6am.
The last flight was the hardest. 7 hours to Manchester. I ended up nearly having a panic attack cos I was stuck next to the window, with people surrounding me. I asked to move to a free row to get some rest just as I started to really get edgy. I slept for 3 hours on and off.
I had no issues getting through passport control when I got into Manchester and got my bags quickly.
Seeing Michael for the first time in like 3 months was great. Neil had called him at 8am saying he'd pick him up then come get me, so him and Marc were there too. I'm so glad Neil was able to do it.
It was bucketing down with rain when we left the airport. When we got home, Michael and I ran around to Sarah's.
Michael knocked and both Rose and Sarah came to the door. They both screamed and hugged me! HAHA! Jules was there too. We all sat around and chatted for a while then we came back home.
We went to bed pretty early last night, we were both really tired. I slept very well.
Today, Michael had work and I went into Barnsley and met up with Marc and Laura and Laura's friend Carl. We got a drink and I got some cash out and then we parted ways. Marc and I went to get Laura's little Jack and they went to get Jarvis from school.
They are both adorable kids!
Not done much else today.
Will post some pics soon! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment