Tuesday, October 18, 2011

settling down..

So things have been going well here in England. I still haven't got a job, but I have organised to get a National Insurance Number now, so I should be able to go through with the interview for the call centre job that I was offered.
I've had a couple of really good days. And a couple of not so great ones too..

I think the last time I wrote was after seeing Marc and Laura on Friday. Done a few things since then.
Michael had the weekend off so we went to Meadowhall shopping centre on Saturday. He caught up with his step brothers Mark and Gary and geeked out in Games Workshop while I surprisingly remembered my way to Waterstones book store to get The Book Thief. (Good book, read it!)
Meadowhall is huge by the way! It's like Marion but like twice the size and it's not simple straight lines like Marion, it's more of a star kind of shape. It's more twisty and gets confusing!
Anyways...
After Meadowhall, we came back home and I ended up passing out at 6pm for a "nap". Mark and Troggy came over while I was sleeping and Michael eventually woke me up at midnight. We hung out with the guys til about 3am when they left and then Michael and I went to bed at about 5am.
Sunday was a nothing day. I watched tv while Michael slept, a lot.

Monday was really good! Michael had work so the girls had planned to kidnap me and take me to Meadowhall for a girl's day. Rose picked us up from Sarah's place and we got some errands done before heading there.

We went to Primark and I bought an amazing winter coat (£25), a big woolen brown scarf (£8), a laundry hamper (£3), some hair ties (£1),  and a Primark canvas bag (£1).

Rose got this amazingly cute light blue hat and Sarah got a couple things too.
After Primark we got some hair dye for both Rose and I, she went Orange and my colour is a secret. I still need to actually do it.
We had some lunch and did some more shopping. It was a really good day!
I wish we had had more time to hang out, but Rose and Sarah both had other things to do and I had to get back to Misa, since she was outside in the rain.. She's so silly, she has a shed with her pillow bed in it but she chooses to sit in the rain mostly.

Tuesday, Marc came round. He needed some company and I had no plans so we spent the afternoon watching Paranormal Activity 2 and some random tv shows. Michael came home from work and we watched Attack The Block. It's pretty good.
It was another late night again and I was glad to get into bed.

Wednesday, I spent most of the afternoon with Rose. She was lovely enough to pick me up and take me shopping to get some things for the house. We went to this great place called B&M and got a lot of stuff.
In the trolley we had:
Mirror
Toaster
Fitted sheet for my bed
Baking tray
Frypan
16 pc Dining set
Wrench
Cable ties
16 pc Cutlery set
Knives
Microwave dish covers
and Bath/Toilet mats

Total was just over £55.

After B&M, we went to Tesco to get a bit more stuff. As well as ingredients for dinner, I got:
Microwave
Clothes airer
Toastie machine
Toy bone for Misa
17 pc Tupperware set
Glasses
Wine glasses
and some new headphones for my iPod
as well as a couple of groceries.

Total was about £80

I had issues with using my card at the tills in Tesco. For some stupid reason, they cant use my debit card, even though I used it last time and never had an issue. I had to run to the cash machine (yes I put cash machine,  not ATM) and get money out.

We went back to Rose's and she made me dinner. She was gonna make sweet potato fritters, but we forgot eggs so she made some pancakey type thing, which we thought was going to be fail but it was amazing! :P We also had some pesto pasta and some tiger bread. Was very nice!
It was great to hang out :)
She dropped me home at 6:30pm and I got to work putting the stuff away and cleaning up a bit.
I ended up cleaning the kitchen and the bathroom, minus the floors (we don't have a mop X_X) and finished up just as Michael got home from work.

Friday night Troggy came around and then we had a surprise visit from a drunken Dan and a completely wasted Marc at 3am. We stayed up til 7am chatting and laughing.

Not much else has happened. I have started organising my National Insurance Number so I can get a job and I am going to the bank this week to try and set up a bank account.

lovelove xx

3 comments:

  1. please send me that blue hat! glad to hear you are settling in and have some great people around you. good luck with the job hunting. miss you. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh it sounds like you're having fun :) what an adventure MC... and I can't believe how cheap all your kitchen and bathroom items are! amazing! I hope you're happy :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, the hat only cost a pound! So if I can find another I'll send one your way! :P
    Kels it is pretty cheap for that stuff here and furniture too! But I gotta stop buying stuff til I get a job!! HAHA!
    Thanks for reading girls! <3

    ReplyDelete